Navigation


RSS : Articles / Comments


MARVELLOUS MEENAKSHI,HOT PROPERTY OF TAMIL CINEMA.

7:51 PM, Posted by Mahy Pallav, No Comment


She was labeled the new hot property in Tamil cinema after her steamy role in Rajadhi Raja, but in a chat with Uma Kannan Meenakshi reveals that she will be re inventing herself with Mandhira Punnagai SHEE made e her debut in Karuppusamy C Kut Kuththagaithaarar revi reviews three of her Rajad her films -TN 07 AL 4777, and Rajadhi ththaga iews for aithaarar and received rave it But after her debut film, r it. film 7 Perumal dhi Raja didn't fare well at the box N ffi Now, office. t actress M k hi is Meenakshi i hoping h i forf the th best in her two forthcoming releases -Agam Puram and Mandira Punnagai. Asked whether there was any truth to the rumours that her clothes were too revealing in Agam Puram, she says, "Not at all. My role is a modern girl in the film and I wear jeans, t-shirts and skirts. Thes are normal clothes. I don't do skin shows. I'v designed my own costumes in the film. I've use special costumes from Mumbai. I was particu lar that the clothes are comfortable and no vulgar," says the actress, who did modellin before stepping into the film industry .
"My character in Karuppusamy Kuththa gaithaarar was very homely . Even today, I am known by the film and not by my other releas es. When people watched Rajadhi Raja, the said I was too glamorous in the film but I didn' find anything glamorous," laughs the actress So how is she in real life? "I'm neither homel nor ultra modern. I'm somewhere in between I don't like wearing short skirts. I'm comfort able in pants and shirts," adds the actress.

Talking about her upcoming flick, the actres says, "Mandhira Punnagai will be the best film in my career. My character is performance oriented. I felt very comfortable working with the director-actor Karu Pazhaniappan. He's very sensible director. And, I felt the same com fort level while working with Shaam. I devel oped a good rapport with the entire Agam Puram team."

Talking about her big break, she says, " came for the Karuppusamy Kuththagaithaara audition and I was selected. At that time, didn't have any Tamilian friends and I felt lik I was in an alien land as I couldn't understan the language," says Meenakshi, who was als a theatre artiste. Born in Kolkata, Meenaksh wants to do better movies in the future. "I'm longing to work with Kamal Sir and Rajini Sir, says the actress. She disagrees with the rumours about her clothes in Agam Puram being too revealing.

No Comment