Navigation


RSS : Articles / Comments


Resignation not due to fear of Maoists: Chidambaram

10:41 PM, Posted by Mahy Pallav, No Comment


Home Minister P. Chidambaram Thursday said he had resigned following the Dantewada massacre because of moral responsibility and not due to fear of Maoists.

"I have no fear, I don't fear naxals (Maoists)... I resigned because I thought it is the moral responsibility of the minister. Therefore I tendered resignation. The Prime Minister (Manmohan Singh) and UPA (United Progressive Alliance) chairperson (Sonia Gandhi) rejected my resignation," Chidamabaram said in the Lok Sabha, replying to a debate on the April 6 Dantewada massacre in Chhattisgarh that left 76 security personnel dead.

He said the prime minister and the UPA chairperson had reposed faith in him.

"I will continue giving leadership to the home ministry and paramilitary forces," Chidmbaram said.

No Comment